Welcome to https://powerskillsinternational.com (PowerSkills International). This website is intended to provide onsite and online courses and seminars, advising, coaching and retreats as well as develop the technical, professional and life skills essential for leading at work and in life.
This Policy applies to PowerSkills International, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of https://powerskillsinternational.com/, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time PowerSkills International decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option of allowing or disallowing the use of their information in this separate manner.
Collection Of Personally Identifying Information (PII) and Google Analytics
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, phone number, email address, organization, message/testimonial, and free opt-ins to specific PowerSkills International seminar subscriptions
Why We Collect Information And For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested (via personal data you voluntarily provide on our forms)
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products (via personal data you voluntarily provide on our forms and/or anonymous data collected via Google Analytics)
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so (via personal data you voluntarily provide on our forms)
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so (via data you voluntarily provide on our forms)
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences (via anonymous data collected via Google Analytics)
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use Of Information Collected
PowerSkills International does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
PowerSkills International may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from https://powerskillsinternational.com/.
PowerSkills International may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
PowerSkills International uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to https://www.facebook.com/YourPowerSkills, https://twitter.com/yourpowerskills, https://www.instagram.com/yourpowerskills, https://www.linkedin.com/company/powerskills-training-development and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within PowerSkills International control.
Disclosure Of Information
PowerSkills International may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of PowerSkills International
PowerSkills International greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in PowerSkills International products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, email, or other public means to post a notice.
Children Under The Age Of 13
PowerSkills International is intended for adults 18 years of age and older and is thus not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under 13, do not use or provide any personal information on the website about yourself such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or username you may use. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. The services offered on this website is strictly for adults 18 years of age and older.
Unsubscribe Or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website, please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com. PowerSkills International will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
PowerSkills International uses 3rd party cookies (Google Analytics) to help identify and track visitors and their usage of the website. The data collected is anonymous and cannot be used to identify any specific user with ease, nor will PowerSkills International ever attempt to do so. You can opt out of tracking cookies entirely in the settings of the Cookie Notice that pops up at the bottom of our website when you first visit us.
Links To Other Websites
Notice To European Union Users
PowerSkills International operates globally. The services offered on our website can be for users across different nations. If you (as a European Union user) provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within 30 days. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the data we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold that’s only specific to you for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at email@example.com.
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties or its processing. To do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the rights above, please rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below.
PowerSkills International takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. That information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of personal information.
Acceptance Of Terms
Ownership Of Content
The entirety of written content and all forms of media on this website is either created or rightfully owned by the owner of PowerSkills International, Robert Schout. Any description of a 3rd party service has been approved by the respective 3rd party service.
How To Contact Us
Telephone Number: (619) 706-4050
PowerSkills Training & Development, Inc.
702 Ash Street Suite 204
San Diego, California 92101
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance is:
702 Ash Street Suite 204
San Diego, California 92101